My iPhone wont charge, need help troubleshooting.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stateofmind, Jan 14, 2008.

1. stateofmind macrumors regular

Ok, so I put my iPhone in its charging dock last night and check this morning and it did not charge at all, still in the red battery stage.

I then tried charging with no dock, no go. Tried charging on laptop, nope. Although I only left it with no dock and on the laptop for only about an hour.

I thing I notice is when I connect my iphone, the battery in the top right has a silhouette of a plug. Is this what its supposed to be? I thought it maybe the symbol that looks like lightning (sorry if that description is vague :eek:)

Note: I have had the phone for about 2 months, and this is the first time I have experienced this.

Any help?

2. camarobh macrumors 6502

Charging

The plug should show when it is fully charged, the lightning bolt is there while it is charging. I had a similar problem while connected to my new iMac. I had to cylce the power on the iPhone to get it to charge properly.

3. stateofmind thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, cycling the power worked

4. JMD123 macrumors member

Thanks I had a weird problem my phone would charge but it showed the smallest amount of power possible. One small red line. But it was actually charged.

SO I cycled the power and now it shows full green.

Thanks SOrt of an obvious solution I should have tried.

5. myphone macrumors 6502

myphone

Did you reset/restore? It might work sometime.