My iphone won't play my music,why can't it authorize without my mac?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fourthtunz, Apr 27, 2010.

1. fourthtunz macrumors 6502a

fourthtunz

I don't know if any of you have tried playing your music on your iphone or itouch and not have it play,but it is a real pain!
    I have purchased hundreds of songs from apple and I support dma, but this latest change is not going to help Apple.
    I had all of my music on my studio mac and then moved to a place with no internet access. Questions:
    Did you always have to have internet access to sync your iphone to your mac?
    I upgraded from tiger to leopard, was this when the changed happened or was it with the new itunes or iphone upgrade?
    So why can't we authorize our music right from the phone without the mac?

If 4.0 won't solve this, how about the wirelss sync app, that "might" be approved by apple, would this fix this?
    I find it hard to believe that no message from the iphone comes up, it just will not play the song.
    This is a show stopper for me as I need access to my music and may deter me from buying protected music in the future, is this a good idea Apple?
    The iphone need to be able to authorize music all by itself.

2. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Unfortunately, I don'y know the answers to most of your questions but I can tell you that an internet connection isn't necessary to sync. I just did it without one maybe 10 minutes ago.

3. thelordnyax macrumors regular

unless you switched computers,
    deauthorized iTunes,
    or maybe reinstalled iTunes?

then it should still be authorized to play your music...

will the song still play on the computer?
    if so, then it's not an authorization problem, i think...