my iPhone won't restore

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tbluhp, Mar 20, 2011.

1. tbluhp, Mar 20, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2011

tbluhp macrumors 6502a

I got the iTunes logo screen on my iPhone and I tried hitting restore under iTunes several attempts were made each time I got this iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored please try again or click for more information. I did try to restart iPhone and my Mac but still same problem. I get this problem right after the preparing to restore stage before install progress is started.

edit: I had the good old 1013 error and I did do the editing in terminal as google said and now everything back to normal. though why did this happen? how do you prevent it from the future happening again?

2. NDChemist macrumors newbie

Same issue (error 1013) everytime I update Version

I had the same problem when I updated my wife's iPhone4 to 4.2 and now again with 4.3. It doesn't happen on my old 3GS. The fix is pretty easy but I don't know why this keeps happening. Hopefully someone has an explanation. Cheers!

3. oakie macrumors 6502

oakie

this commonly happens when the device has ever been jailbroken as the process modifies the hosts.txt file to prevent itunes from connecting to apple's servers to check the iOS version.

it also happens if you have network monitoring software installed like little snitch.