Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vat

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 2, 2007
I have ordered two iPhones about two days ago from apple's online store. I ordered on the 20th, and apple said it will ship by the 21th. It is now the 22th and my order is still at "Not yet shipped".

Is that normal for apple?

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
Maybe their was a problem with your credit card? Check to see if it has been billed.
But those times are estimates so give it till tuesday before you call

sanford

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2003
Dallas, USA
Maybe their was a problem with your credit card? Check to see if it has been billed.
But those times are estimates so give it till tuesday before you call

Not my experience with the Apple Store online. For in-stock products they usually ship as specified or earlier. Either it's your credit card, which you'd expect notice of by now, or the iPhones shipping via Apple Store orders have the new firmware on them, and they don't want them to ship and get in the wild before the firmware update is made available across the board.

sanford

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2003
Dallas, USA
Do they ship on weekends?

Possibly. Depending on where it's coming from. The Chinese facilities work Saturdays. But since it's coming FedEx, "ship" in this case just means FedEx will at least receive the notice of shipment information and maybe pick it up and transport it to the local Chinese FedEx station. Where it may sit until Monday, or FedEx, depending on how loaded their planes are, may fly it to Anchorage over the weekend. But FedEx will not count Saturday as a ship day, so no matter if it flies out today, which is getting close to tomorrow already in China -- meaning if it was going to ship it probably would have by now -- for purposes of 2-day delivery they will count Monday a the ship date, and it's unusual you'd actually receive it before Wednesday.

Note also Apple's shipping windows on their store are estimates, no guarantees, so it could be merely it hasn't shipped for whatever reason and they have no 24-hour ship commitment to meet.

So, if it's not your credit card, if it's not holding because it has new firmware they don't want to maybe end up in your hands today or early Monday before they release it to current owners via update, it will probably ship Monday, for Wednesday delivery, if it's two-day, which I think two-day is the standard shipping. Even if something went on with it this weekend, the order web site likely won't update until Monday either. Probably early Monday morning for you, since in China they will have had the whole day working with orders by the time you wake up.

vat

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 2, 2007
Yap, a problem with my credit card... Hope to have an iPhone soon! Thanks all.

sanford

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2003
Dallas, USA
Yap, a problem with my credit card... Hope to have an iPhone soon! Thanks all.

Apple's online CC identity verification system has long been pretty strict. Had it choke on me one time because my card bank had my street address abbreviated as Dr., but I spelled it out in the billing address as Drive. No kidding.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.