My iPhone won't turn on...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by akisbougos, May 25, 2011.

1. akisbougos macrumors newbie

I had my iPhone 3gs (ioS 3.1.3) jailbroken with cydia/ultrasn0w. I wanted to update it to ioS 4.0.1 and it was giving me only errors. So I tried to reset it, both data and settings. I thought that way I could update it normaly and then jailbreak it again. So I pressed the reset button from the settings menu and let it do what it had to do. After 3 or 4 hours I checked on it and it was still loading (you know the black screen with the white apple and the lines spinning on it). I figured it was stuck and I tried reseting it by pressing and holding both back and sleep button. It restarted but when it began booting again it was stucking once more. Whatever I do (leaving it alone do whatever it wants or restarting it again) the result is the same. It restarts, loads again, then restart etc until it runs out of power. What am I supposed to do? Oh, if i connetct it to my PC it won't be recognised so i can't restore it through iTunes. PLZ HELP!!!! Thanks anyway.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You should have never clicked on the erase all content and settings. Very bad idea on JB iphones.
    What you should do now is create a custom 4.3.3 ipsw with pwnage tool and restore to that so you dont lose your unlockable baseband.
    http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=14568

3. akisbougos thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks friend but i finally succeded in restoring it. thanks for your time.:D

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Welcome.
    Hope you didnt update it to official 4.3.3 with itunes.