My iPhone X in Cstoms

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Liquid360, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Liquid360 macrumors newbie

My iPhone X has been here for three days?! Is this normal?
    [​IMG]

2. fischersd macrumors 601

fischersd

It's not in customs...there's two scans after that. It's still in Zhengzhou - likely in a staging area at the airport - awaiting enough skids to justify a flight.

3. Kurant, Nov 5, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2017

Kurant macrumors newbie

Yes it's in customs. What's interesting is generally anything coming from China clears US Customs in Anchorage, AK. I would call and be sure your package did not accidentally end up in the wrong place, because that seems odd to me. I've never actually seen an Apple shipment scanned US bound held for Customs in China (in the rare instance we do have an issue and look at an Apple shipment) - this early in the iPhone shipments they almost always come together as a pure Apple shipment.

I've spent 21 years at UPS in management of their international brokerage firm. We deal with Apple shipments a lot. =)

4. Liquid360 thread starter macrumors newbie

My iPhone X ended up in South Korea for three days and delivery date changed from tomorrow to Tuesday!!

5. Jesla macrumors 6502a

Jesla

Just wondering if the US Pres flying around the region may have cause some delays or reroutes....

6. Liquid360 thread starter macrumors newbie

Interesting thought!

7. Shadowbech macrumors 601

Quite Possible as US President is now in China.

8. Liquid360 thread starter macrumors newbie

I can’t believe it! It’s out for delivery!!!

9. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Congrats! Hope you enjoy!

10. Liquid360 thread starter macrumors newbie

I finally have it in my hands. It’s a less dramatic evolution than I expected, but it’s a jewel of a phone. It’ll take me a day to draw conclusions, but first impression is this is obviously the nicest phone ever made. That said, I can’t help but begin getting excited about the prospect of the iPhone X Plus next year, yet at the same time I have great fear of what I’m assuming will be a $1599 or $1699 iPhone. The fear isn’t so much the price, but the fact that I’d pay it without thought. Scary.