My iPhone4 Case Program Expired

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by BeerNap, Sep 13, 2010.

1. BeerNap macrumors newbie

I had Sept 30th stuck in my mind. As I had already purchased a case, it wasn't top of my list to immediately take advantage of the program. Today, I install and run the iPhone Case Application. It tells me that my iPhone does not qualify for the iPhone 4 Case Program. Really?

Turns out my expiration was really Aug 22. If I had really read the email offer and posts on this site, I would have known this.

I call Apple at the 800 number listed on the app. The very nice CSR immediately offers to make an exception. She gathers personal info and Serial & IMEI numbers. She gives me a ref # and asks that I send proof of purchase (ATT confirmation email) to iphone4caseapp@group.apple.com.

If your like me and missed your window, you may still be able to get your free bumper/case with a phone call (after an 8:00 minute wait).

2. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Apple is known for their quality CS, so the fact that they were willing to make an exception is no surprise.

3. dary410 macrumors newbie

You got lucky!

I was in the same shoe as you when i found out I missed my application deadline for a free case.

I quickly called the number on the app, apparently the official free case program number. People there were sort of rude denying any possible way of getting an exception, even when I spoke to second tier advisors.
    Then I tried going to apple retail store because the case program guys suggested so, maybe they have a way to override it. Met with an even more rude store manager saying I would help you because you seemed like a nice guy but I just won't spend $30 dollar on you. Way to rub it in!

Just when I was about to quit (already got myself a 4 dollar case on ebay from china), I found out that even when the case program ends, the terms says anyone still experiencing antenna problems can request one from AppleCare.

So I called apple care iphone 4 division today, after an hour of talking, transferring 4 different persons, 3 departments, I was finally able to speak to the SALES department that handles exactly what the OP describes.

Total time took me to get my well-deserved, entitled free case (i do have antenna issues) = maybe 5 hours of total phone time and going to apple store, talking to countless apple employees that doesn't care for their customers and some that are also very nice.
    Morale of story = at the end of the day, im happy that my persistence pervails over unreasonable corporate protocols and restored my faith in apple that at least one employee there care about their customers, and wish i'm more lucky like the OP does to get it resolved in 8 mins!:eek: