My iPhone5 just drop and got its edge bent T.T

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by teepisutt, Oct 26, 2012.

1. teepisutt macrumors newbie

I just dropped my iPhone5 with the glass table today. The table is fine...but my iPhone5 did not. It's got a huge scar on the edge behind the sim tray(back cover side). It's quite okay for using because I might find some bumper to cover this up...

However, If it is possible to claim this scar? or find a replacement part at reasonable price? I might give it a try. What would you guys suggestion?

Oh and I lived in UK by the way....

Thanks!!!

2. ansabakhan macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

pictures?

3. teepisutt thread starter macrumors newbie

4. teepisutt thread starter macrumors newbie

5. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Their is a really good clear sides with rubber edged bumper on e bay which would cover that 'ding' up.

I use one like this.......

Attached Files:

6. jasonbaum macrumors regular

jasonbaum

You may want to check this site out. I've never used them so I can't vouch for their quality. But its a start. Good luck!
    http://iphone5mod.com/

7. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

Replacing the rear shell is going to be incredibly hard though.. I think it's more worth it to just keep using the phone and then if something TRULY bad happens, replace it for $220. Or, say the wifi doesn't work at home, get a replacement or something (yes I know that's lying lol) under warranty. Both seem like better options than paying $99 for a rear shell that is very hard to replace.

8. northernbaldy macrumors 6502a

northernbaldy

Touch it up with a black permanent marker then try to forget about it ;)