My iPhone's been really sluggish.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Gigamaster89, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Gigamaster89 macrumors member

I did a side by side comparison with my unlocked/JB iPhone with the latest OS (2.1) vs my friends iTouch with the previous (2.0?) firmware and the iTouch was just generally much faster, sometimes almost twice as fast.

Is it because my phone is jailbroken? Maybe because I use winterboard?

I tried restarting it, but still slow.

Should I restore? (and if so, will I have to JB again? etc.)

Here's a quick check of load times, without wifi on, connected to Tmobile.

to Photos - 3 seconds
    to Contacts and be ABLE TO SCROLL - 5 seconds
    to Settings - 4 seconds
    to SMS - 4 seconds
    to Music - 1 second
    to Clocks - 4 seconds

Basically, about 4-5 seconds for everything to open. I remember it being much faster when I first got it (about a month ago, before it was JB/Unlocked and messed around with.) The iTouch gets everything loaded in about 1-3 seconds.

Any comment?

2. Lexoticstylez02 macrumors 6502a

Lexoticstylez02

I also noticed my phone going slow when I had to jailbroken.. I restored it today and couldn't be happier. I didn't use many of the jailbroken apps besides PDAnet randomly and Cycorder once, I also wanted the 2.2 firmware coming tomorrow so I figured I would unjailbreak anyway.

3. Gigamaster89 thread starter macrumors member

If I do a restore, will it still be unlocked? Cause right about now, it's tempting.

4. Baker988 macrumors member

How do you unjailbreak an iphone? Will that lock it again if it is unlocked?

5. Gigamaster89 thread starter macrumors member

Isn't that what I asked? o_O

6. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

Yeah I have an unlock iphone and when I had winterboard with the spinning stewie loader, i noticed that it lagged. It was fixed when I restored and removed the winterboard.