Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brianbobcat

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2003
Illinois
Hello Macrumors readers,

For the second time in about three months, the camera on my iPhone 3G has gone into a "zoomed in" mode. I have no rhyme or reason as to why or how it got there. All I know is that it appears to just be the full 1600x1200 image cropped to a 320x480 section as the quality appears pretty bad, if I quit the camera app and go back in it's gone, and any pictures I take while in that mode are regular 2MP images. It happened to me seconds, literally, before I walked into the Michigan Avenue Apple Store in Chicago today, so I used a demo iPhone to take pictures of my "zoomed" phone. I can, and have, taken screenshots on my phone while it's in that mode, and those come out as zoomed in. The zoomed area is also off center, so the regular pictures I take while in that mode are off center. If I try to move around that box or zoom in or out by pinching, nothing happens. I am very curious if anyone else is having this issue and would truly love to share the images with you if you're at all curious. The attachments explain themselves, but Please reply with any questions and I'll answer them as best I can.

So anyone else get this?

-Brian

Attachments

• Applications-Regular.JPG
    Applications-Regular.JPG
    373.4 KB · Views: 87
  • Applications-Zoomed.PNG
    Applications-Zoomed.PNG
    228.1 KB · Views: 78
  • MB and Sign-Regular.JPG
    MB and Sign-Regular.JPG
    402.9 KB · Views: 84
  • MB and Sign-Zoomed.PNG
    MB and Sign-Zoomed.PNG
    179.2 KB · Views: 82

Acronym

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2008
FAKE!!!! your just movinf our camera closer to the object that your taking a picture of!!!!

haha nah jk thats pretty sweet i wouldnt restore i'd want the zoom if it was available

tilmonabbott

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2009
Worcester Ma
Actually yes I've had this problem myself as well the other day. It was my newest iPhone that did it. The exact same problem happened. I don't have picture evidence to show but when I took the picture it looked zoomed in but when I reviewed the picture there was no zoom at all. I've actually been looking to see if someone was having the same problem as me. But didn't really want to start a thread to ask. I'm guessing there had to be some kind of glitch with the software or something.

brianbobcat

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2003
Illinois
That's quite awesome... Restore and it will begone!

I don't want it to be gone though. I mean it kind of is pointless because then you're left with the same poor quality images of most other cell phones, but still kind of cool if you want it though.

-Brian

DPA

macrumors 65816
My iPhone has cut, copy, and paste...kinda

I might as well post my "weird iPhone happening" here...

About a week ago I was typing a SMS message and somehow a word was moved from one line to where I set my cursor. I don't know how but it was like a weird sign of cut, copy, and paste. I then had to delete and retype that word. So basically my iPhone cut a word and pasted it without me doing anything. I have jailbroken my iPhone but have downloaded no cut, copy, or paste application(s).

David

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.