My iPhoto app. is a mess

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Fishtalk, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Fishtalk macrumors regular

Since a major crash and losing my Iphoto Libary for a while. I've finally managed to get it more or less back together.( manually...sliding fotos from the lost libary back onto the iPhotos window)
    The Libary is now again in the " image's" bit of the user 'House'.
    But now virtually everytime I open it, It takes 3/4 minutes of the twirling colored thing for it do do ANYTHING... and each time I try to open or organise a photo its real slow and often blocks completly. Then I have to ForceQuit, and even after I've quit the App. it "seems" to slow the whole computer down. Sorry about this being such a vauge question.
    But is there anything "Simple" I could do to fix it ? thanks in advance.
    OSX 10.9.3 on G3 Pismo

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Well, there is one problem that cannot be resolved. OSX 10.9.3 does not exist to the best of my knowledge. I'm only basing this on me running Leopard 10.5.5.

Now you're running and older mac, can you state which version of iPhoto you're using?

My first thoughts would be that you may just want to repair permissions entirely. However, you can also go and delete your preferences. Something may be corrupt.

Quit iPhoto and Trash your iPhoto preferences ( "your username" ==> library ==> preferences ==> com.apple.iphoto.plist) then launch iPhoto - it will recreate a new default preference file

Do that, then repair permissions, then see what happens. It may just be a bit confused because it may be looking for your photos in your library and despite you manually moving them, it may have confused the application just so.

3. Fishtalk thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry I meant 10.3.9 (Panther) and my iPhoto's is 2 Thanks your your suggestions...I'l try it