My iPod Died When I Paused The Music?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JoviGoo, Jul 2, 2015.

1. JoviGoo macrumors newbie

Was hoping someone could help me out, please. I have an iPod Touch 5th Generation. Well, I downloaded the new ios yesterday afternoon... I was hanging out with my church group last night and I was listening to my iPod, then I paused the music I had playing and my iPod crashed... It wouldn't turn back on... I've tried holding down the power button on the top for about 5 seconds or so, but nothing happens, and the home button(?) on the front doesn't do anything, either... I tried once last night to plug it into my computer to see if it would turn on and charge, but there was no response... Any way I can get my iPod back and not lose everything?

2. LinuXtreme, Jul 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2015

LinuXtreme macrumors regular

LinuXtreme

A similar thing happened to mine a few months ago (even down to no DFU mode available when plugged into my Mac). I was finally able to get it to respond by pressing the volume control on the side of the Touch a few times then pressing the home or top button again. Try doing it without your headphones plugged in - as I recall that's when I was finally able to get mine to wake up.

3. JoviGoo thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your reply. I'll have to keep that in mind for next time. I went to a concert yesterday and I wanted to have my iPod ready for the road trip, so I went to the Geek Squad people at Best Buy the day before yesterday and a girl there fixed it for me. I think all she had done was press the button on top and the home button on the front together, and then it came back on...