Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MonksMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
DFW
Today my iPod Died. I have no clue why it did it so close to the end of warranty either. I'm so sad :( To add insult to injury the online Apple repair service says my iPod is out of warranty. :mad: :mad: I tried everything i could to bring it back to no avail. So as my last resort i emailed teh Steve™ himself. I'm anxiously waiting to hear back from someone.
Sorry, but I needed to get it out. I hope I did the right thing.:(

MonksMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
DFW
Thanks I feel much reassured.:) I just don't know why it had to be today.:(
Still no reply from Apple. Maybe I should have put my phone number in the email?

MonksMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
DFW
I wasn't sure what to do with the iPod so I put it on the charger. Now after about half an hour the iPod was just sitting there on the Apple logo start up screen. I reset the iPod again and voila... the iPod starts up completely! Strange I know. It seems to function all right and I'm about to try restoring it in iTunes. However the iPod sounds kind of iffy anyhow. We'll see.:apple:

MonksMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
DFW
No Luck. :( Seems like it was a temporary thing. I tried to restore it, but had problems with that. I was able to restart it though. I tried to reload all of my music onto it, but on the 5th track it froze on the Prohibit/Do Not Disconnect screen. So I unplugged it from the Mac and plugged it in again. This time it went to the same screen so i unplugged it again. Now it is stuck on that same screen and it will not restart at all. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.:( :( :( :(

MonksMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
DFW
How close to the end of the warranty was it?

F
Very. However Apple says the iPod was Purchased on June 14,2006, but I did not recevie the iPod or open it until June 19,2006. This is so confusing.:confused: The iPod is still on that same screen and the back feels so hot. I guess i will just let the battery run down?

MonksMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
DFW
I've got good news! Well after doing the smacking the iPod trick my iPod seems to work okay. But ya know Apple just had to get back to me today didn't they? So anyway someone from Corporate Executive Relations emailed me back and says that I should call them. What should I do? :apple:
Thanks for your help guys!
MM:apple:

MonksMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
DFW
Absolutely Fantastic news guys! I talked to Apple today and they want me to send back my iPod and they will send me a new one soon! :D
Thanks MacRumors!:apple:

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
what did you say/do? Did you write an email to "steve" i want my powerbook fixed or replaced. Tomorrow its been three weeks. And last summer (winter for you aussies) i needed a new logic board so i brought it to apple and it was sent out for repair... needless to say i didn't have a computer for the first 3 weeks of school. :mad:

MonksMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
DFW
I sent a email to "Steve" (it's really some assistant.) and got a message from Apple Corp. Exec. Relations. So they called today. The guy was polite and asked if I had other Apple products, asked if I had called Apple Support over the phone, etc. Just be polite but firm and tell them the facts. They are sending me a box to send my iPod back and they will ship a replacement.
I wonder if they will send me another 4th Gen or a newer one? Has anyone had any experience sending stuff back to Apple? Do I just send back the iPod or all the acessories too?:apple:

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
nice! What did you say in your email? was it mean, nice long/short. Did you give your phone number or did they look it up in the records. Sry for all the question but I think i might send a friendly email tomorrow about my pb.

elisha cuthbert

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2006
Melbourne
I sent a email to "Steve" (it's really some assistant.) and got a message from Apple Corp. Exec. Relations. So they called today. The guy was polite and asked if I had other Apple products, asked if I had called Apple Support over the phone, etc. Just be polite but firm and tell them the facts. They are sending me a box to send my iPod back and they will ship a replacement.
I wonder if they will send me another 4th Gen or a newer one? Has anyone had any experience sending stuff back to Apple? Do I just send back the iPod or all the acessories too?:apple:
just the ipod nothing else
and it wil be a 4th gen exactly the same as the one that your sending in
unless they call you and tell you that theyre sending back a newer one it will be the same as you sent in

MonksMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
DFW
nice! What did you say in your email? was it mean, nice long/short. Did you give your phone number or did they look it up in the records. Sry for all the question but I think i might send a friendly email tomorrow about my pb.

I just told them what had happened to my iPod. I sent them a email that was neither nice nor mean, just sorta neutral and firm. Don't be whiny either. At first I didn't give them my phone number, but they asked me for it.
However the guy asked my why I had sent an email to "Steve", so be aware of that. Good Luck! :apple:
P.S. thanks elisha cuthbert!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.