Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

firelord901

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2006
Hi -
So when I go into General<About on my iPod under Version it says "N/A" instead of 1.1.4. Then if I want to download a program off of installer it says you need firmware 1.1.3/1.1.4, and I can't get the download. Any ideas how to fix it? The installed programs are: Summerboard, Tetromino, Mines, Copter, Apollo, Twinkle, and KLores.

brandonzar

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2008
Did you upgrade to 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 before you did the jailbreak? Also what app did you use to do the jailbreak?

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
the version number is stored in a file on the touch, from the root of the touch (via ssh/ftp) go to system\Library\CoreService\SystemVersion.plist in this file you can change the version number, look for the following in the file:

Code:
	<string>OS X</string>
	<key>ProductVersion</key>
	<string>1.1.4</string>

well it should say 1.1.4 but since your iPod says n/a it might say n/a where 1.1.4 is or the file is corrupt.

firelord901

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2006
the version number is stored in a file on the touch, from the root of the touch (via ssh/ftp) go to system\Library\CoreService\SystemVersion.plist in this file you can change the version number, look for the following in the file:

Code:
	<string>OS X</string>
	<key>ProductVersion</key>
	<string>1.1.4</string>

well it should say 1.1.4 but since your iPod says n/a it might say n/a where 1.1.4 is or the file is corrupt.

Well looks like that's the problem. The file is missing. Thanks for the help. Can someone share the file or would I be better off restoring it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.