My iPod Doesn't Know What Version It Is

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by firelord901, May 28, 2008.

1. firelord901 macrumors member

Hi -
    So when I go into General<About on my iPod under Version it says "N/A" instead of 1.1.4. Then if I want to download a program off of installer it says you need firmware 1.1.3/1.1.4, and I can't get the download. Any ideas how to fix it? The installed programs are: Summerboard, Tetromino, Mines, Copter, Apollo, Twinkle, and KLores.

2. brandonzar macrumors regular

Did you upgrade to 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 before you did the jailbreak? Also what app did you use to do the jailbreak?

3. firelord901 thread starter macrumors member

It was already 1.1.4 when I jailbroke with ziphone.

4. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

the version number is stored in a file on the touch, from the root of the touch (via ssh/ftp) go to system\Library\CoreService\SystemVersion.plist in this file you can change the version number, look for the following in the file:

Code:
    	<string>OS X</string>
    	<key>ProductVersion</key>
    	<string>1.1.4</string>
    well it should say 1.1.4 but since your iPod says n/a it might say n/a where 1.1.4 is or the file is corrupt.

5. firelord901 thread starter macrumors member

Well looks like that's the problem. The file is missing. Thanks for the help. Can someone share the file or would I be better off restoring it?

6. firelord901 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. Hopefully this works or else I'll just restore it.

Update: It worked. Thanks for your help. Still curious to know how it got deleted since I never go in that folder.