My iPod got Bricked?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Yoley, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Yoley macrumors newbie

I downloaded the 2.0 update, and it was restoring my iPod. However, the restoration failed, and now my iPod keeps on showing the screen where the usb cable is pointed to the iTunes logo. My computer isn't recognizing my iPod either. Everytime I reset my iPod, it still shows the screen.

Can someone help?

2. Packersfan27 macrumors 6502

Same here ive tried DFU and everything I keep getting error message (6) and (13).

3. Maxamillious Suspended

I've been having that problem too. Plugging my iPod Touch into another computer with iTunes un-bricked it.

I think it might be that I tried to install the pre-release of the iPod Touch 2.0 firmware the messed up my iPod Touch, but I'm not sure. I've been charged by iTunes for 2.0 and it's still no working. Going to try and erase all the 2.0 software on my computer and purchase it again...

4. FieryBalrog macrumors newbie

I really hope this doesn't happen to me. So far I've tried twice to backup my iPod before installing 2.0 and its failed both times. I have a crapload of album-organized music and artwork kept solely on my iPod and if I lose it its going to be a giant pain to get it again.

5. Quasiportnoy macrumors regular

Do you have any friends with a Mac? I know that some iPods are having trouble with Windows, but can be fixed on a Mac for whatever reason.

6. Yoley thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried plugging it into a different computer, but that didn't work either. My brother has a Mac, but he lives in a different city.

7. Gyser macrumors newbie

I'm having the exact same problem. iPod is stuck on the screen with the USB cable, arrow and iTunes symbol and I keep getting Error 6 when I try to restore.

They better come up with a solution to this..

(Going to try on other computer in a few minutes, but nobody I know owns a mac.)

8. coryjb macrumors newbie

We own three Macs -- MacBook Pro, MacBook, and a PowerMac G5. None of them work. My iPod is seriously ****ed.

9. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

The question now is, did you buy it from Apple or download off P2P/Bittorrent?

Because the official one shouldn't have any issues unless you disconnected the cable or something.

The unofficial one is just bad in many ways; apart from being illegal, it might be buggy...

10. tompon1923 macrumors 6502

tompon1923

I got it from mininova (a torrent) and a friend got the same problem because he didn't had itunes 7.7.

Good Luck :apple: