My iPod got soaked

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sierramistgirl, May 22, 2011.

1. sierramistgirl macrumors newbie

I was babysitting, and doing dishes, and one of the little girls i was babysitting dropped my ipod in the sink, I grabbed it out before it even hit the bottom of the sink, and when i picked it up the screen started fading, then went to white, then died. I pushed the button twice in hopes it would work, and dried it with a hair dryer on cool, i'm scared to try to turn it on again, what should i do?

2. davelanger, May 22, 2011
    Last edited: May 22, 2011

davelanger macrumors 6502a

Dont turn it on or will you fry it.

Put it in rice (white rice plain and uncooked) for a couple of days. That should soak up all the moisture.
    Then you can try turning it on. Hopefully it didnt fry when you hit the button the first time before it was all dry

3. Peyso macrumors newbie

Same thing happened to me except that Well, my iPod touch was in my bag at school at it got iced tea spilled on it.....and now the touchness of it doesn't work.... What should I do?? And I already tried soaking it in rice....! Please Help!

4. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

If it's only the touch screen that doesn't work than just buy a new digitizer. Their very easy to replace yourself if you can be delicate and take it step by step.

5. lilcosco08 macrumors 65816

lilcosco08

At least your phone didn't catch a direct hit from golf ball sized hail :D

6. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

Ouch. That can put deep dents in a car and crack a car windshield...

7. L I G H T I N G macrumors regular

fill a plastic bag with dessicants, and place your ipod in there for a week.