My iPod has gone crazy!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by KFCTR, Feb 9, 2008.

1. KFCTR macrumors member

KFCTR

After I jailbbroke to 1.1.3 the 6th time, it keeps rebooting, and rebooting, and rebooting. When I keep the power and home button pressed, the screen turns white and it shuts down. Turn it on, and it keeps rebooting. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:mad:

2. dagored macrumors 65816

Plug it in. Close iTunes. Download independence for mac, or ibricker for pc . Launch it .See if tha works.

3. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

Reboot it holding down the home button. It should enter recovery mode, allowing you to restore factory firmware from iTunes.

4. bdsmyth macrumors regular

I had the same problem as well after I did a few stupid things with my ipod (hey you live and learn right). I also found that pressing the on/off and home keys DOES NOT always put it into recovery mode. Best idea is start itunes, then press and hold the home key on the touch. Still holding the home key connect the sync cable. It goes to restore mode without fail each time. I should know, I've used it a few times already .... lol .... although I'm happy to report that my touch is functioning normally now :)

5. Shanesan macrumors 6502

Shanesan

Definitely start with this lad's idea, then work your way down.

http://code.google.com/p/independence/

If you have the newest version of iTunes, get the beta.