My Ipod is dead, what shud i do!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by cheskiz, Apr 10, 2008.

1. cheskiz macrumors member

Hi people,

I just jailbreak my ipodtouch yesterday and then realise there is something wrong with the installer. Thus, i try jailbreaking it again. This time, things arentgoing as smooth as they were yesterday.

I stop the process since it is going for just too long.Now its jammed there, i cant switch it off. What shud i do.

Help please

2. MikeDTyke macrumors 6502a

hold the home button and sleep button at the top for about 6 seconds. That'll force a hard reset. After that cross your fingers and hope.

M.

3. cheskiz thread starter macrumors member

its not working! omg

hard reset arent working, it jammed there.Itunes cant read from it. So does Zipphone,i think my touch is goner.

SOmeone please help!

4. cheskiz thread starter macrumors member

There is this additional info.

Cable is connected. starting stack,

then ipodstack canot start! Need configuration. :(

Help!

5. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Hold the home and sleep buttons until the iPod touch turns off. Then let go of everything and hold down the home button... keep holding the home button and plug your iPod into your computer. Keep holding home until you see the Restore Mode screen. Then restore your firmware with iTunes.

By the way, why would you jailbreak a jailbreak?

6. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

yeah...

Dude, it's the coolest. I hear it gives the touch the ability to squirt music. Everybody is doing it.

7. boramora macrumors member

boramora

Have you tried using one of the applications like iJailbreak, ZiPhone, PWNage, etc. to knock your iPod touch back into proper restore mode? I know one of those has the option to do that but I forgot which one lol~

If you still see scrolling white codes/text, you're fine. Your iPod can still be reset and fixed. If your iPod doesn't respond or turn on at all, then you're screwed :p

8. Bakey macrumors 6502

Buy a new one!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

9. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Why not :p
    OP: a restore would have been the proper route, dont try what you did (obviously)

DO you mean start?
    Try kicking it into restore mode w/ ziphone, or just let it run out of power.

For those of us who are rich enough (NOT ME:D)

10. rakesh macrumors newbie

yo! i had this similar problem,
    inspite of my several attempts with several methods i could't get my ipt
    to restore mode
    so i went back to store i got it, replaced it:cool:
    NO QUESTIONS ASKED

11. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Wow, you can't brick an iPod touch, so guess what, you brought back a perfectly fine iPod touch.

12. dcubed20 macrumors member

13. aethelbert macrumors 601

Sure you can. All it takes is a failure to load a bootloader when replacing another one.

14. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Actually, a highly respectable hacker told me that there are 2 bootloaders and the the DFU mode is stored in a read-only bootloader that cannot get written to so, therefore cannot be damaged.

15. YuriVoorhak macrumors regular

Well played, good sir. :D

16. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

says the person who said it COULD be bricked.
    who may this person be?

17. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I'm just telling what someone told me, but I've never bricked an iPod touch so I don't know how true the bricking stories are.

Part of me thinks that the people bricking their iPods aren't really bricking it... they just freak out and don't know what to do and bring it back to Apple and get a new one. — The other part of me thinks it still may be possible to brick an iPod touch, but someone told me that the DFU mode is on the read-only bootloader than Pwnage Tool doesn't modify.

18. cheekybobcat macrumors 6502a

cheekybobcat

Errr...I think if he brings back his iPod to the Apple store and goes, "I was trying to jailbreak it, for the second time, and it froze and now won't restore! New one please?", he may get a swift slap in the face.

Even if he doesn't tell them that he jailbroke it, the Genius' will probably somehow get it working and see that he did jailbreak it.

You gots to restore it. I don't know any other way then the ones already posted but I'm sure there is a way :)

19. aethelbert macrumors 601

Yet it's been done before. And who is this "highly respectable hacker" you speak of?

20. z0n3x macrumors member

re

yep if you mess up when it is flashing the bootloader i.e. close out or something, your screwed. as far as i know pwnage is the only thing that can brick it.

21. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

yeah... I want to know too... Seems a touch bit sketch.

22. Kobutah macrumors newbie

Brick an ipt? Tell me how, I always recover.

Just do a search on the last line that you ipt keeps stopping at. I had the same situation you are at and I have a jailbroken ipt that has been running for 2 months now since "I thought" I bricked it.

Just drop me a PM on this forum if you need more help.

Kobutah