MY IPOD IS ****ED---plz help....!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mudderz, May 21, 2011.

1. mudderz, May 21, 2011
    Last edited: May 21, 2011

mudderz macrumors newbie

After shuting down my ipod by holding the power button
    it shutdown and wont boot back up

i tried holding home and sleep button -****...
    i tried pluging into computer and option itunes.... ****
    i tried both at the same time... nothing...

please help i'm freaking the **** out..

2. cassians macrumors newbie

Just try plugging it into iTunes and restoring it if you can.

Even if you jailbreak, you should always be able to plug it in and just restore it to factory settings through iTunes.

3. mudderz thread starter macrumors newbie

4. mudderz thread starter macrumors newbie

im going to send it into apple... since it doesn't boot at all... do you think they will find out its jailbroken

5. Mr Slippy IV macrumors 6502

Mr Slippy IV

Can anyone confirm: if OP tries to restart in DFU mode will it go into Restore mode if no target OS is loaded?

This is my best guess. If it's bricked, I don't know what you can do to hurt it at this point. I don't however, recommend it unless someone can confirm my belief that restarting using DFU mode is safe. Apple will likely find out it's jailbroken because you would be sending it in with a jailbroken OS.

6. mudderz thread starter macrumors newbie

what do you mean o_O

7. Mr Slippy IV macrumors 6502

Mr Slippy IV

There is a mode of restarting the iPod called DFU (Device Firmware Update) mode. You had to have used DFU mode to jailbreak your iPod most likely. It's specifically meant to let a computer connected to the device to be able to target the device with a new OS. From personal experience, (this is what I'm looking to confirm) using DFU mode with the iPod not connected to a computer causes it to go into recovery mode.

First, let's have you try a regular reset. To reset your iPod touch, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears. If this doesn't work, reply indicating so.

8. mudderz thread starter macrumors newbie

thats just it ive tried that and got nothing the screen didnt even flash and when i plug in my ipod it dosnt connect to my computer its like it is completly shutoff and will not turn on.

guess what i remeber seeing DFU in greenposin when i jailbroke i tryed to re jailbreak i did the process were u wait for DFU mode and i herd the ding on computer im resteting in itunes atm

9. Mr Slippy IV macrumors 6502

Mr Slippy IV

I'm going to toss out things to try here. With iTunes open, attempt to connect the iPod's cable to the iPod while holding the home button. Hopefully it will show in iTunes in 20-30 seconds.

10. mudderz thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry i didnt get back to you erlyer it worked TYVM.. i dont have to send it in and if i did they definatly would have noticed lol...just downgraded 4.2.1
    :3

11. Mr Slippy IV macrumors 6502

Mr Slippy IV

I'm extremely glad that worked. It would have been a shame for you to lose an iPod. Happy I could help!

12. davelanger macrumors 6502a