My iPod keeps saying there is no content...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Pain, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Pain macrumors regular

I'm a bit ticked off, because I bought an album on my desktop and then I was charging my iPod from a laptop and when I went to check my Music, it said 'No Content'. Same thing for Videos, but not Photos. I'm really pissed, because it keeps saying that every other day after I restore my iPod. What should I do? Applications don't work either. Mail did.

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

I had that problem, all I've had to do is switch between playlists, videos, or podcasts. If it continues to happen, I would contact Apple.

TEG

3. Pain thread starter macrumors regular

4. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

At the bottom of the screen is the place to switch between lists on the iPod.

TEG

5. Pain thread starter macrumors regular

Oh my god, I don't get it. Explain... screenshots? :p

6. orpheusmyth macrumors member

Same here, and I had to restore it. I've searched and searched for a answer but I've found nothing. Sorry :(

7. ccfoodog macrumors member

You aren't the only one with this problem. I've been struggling with it as well.

It is rumored that their will be a fix for this in Sept. I assume this means via the anticipated 2.1 update.

For now, I'll suggest the following:

1) Mine seems to be worse with larger numbers of apps. I've backed off and that seems to have helped.

2) Seems better under 2.0.2, but maybe my imagination. It certainly isn't fixed.

3) AVOID power cycling if at all possible. Have you been power cycling your device?

4) Don't cancel the backup! It seems like it only keeps one backup and if you cancel it you have none!

Good luck and let us know if you find out anything.

-john

8. Pain thread starter macrumors regular

I guess I'll restore it and take the applications I don't need off.

9. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

Yeah it happens to me, I've been to the Genius bar twice trying to fix this. But, they claim its hardware related. They won't admit that it's a software issue. I did find a fix that I'm trying out. You will need to do a full restore wipe your ipod clean. You can find the fix here:

http://arstechnica.com/journals/appl...wngrade-itunes

If this one doesn't work just go to arstechnica webiste, click the apple tab, and find the article titled "More on iPhone app-crashing, how to downgrade iTunes"

http://discussions.apple.com/thread....917930#7917930

If this doesn't work go to Apple's dicussions forum and find this thread- Apple.com > Support > Discussions > iPhone Hardware > Original iPhone > iphone 2.0 problems

He also created a website at:

http://ja1me.net/iTunes_and_Oops/thanks_for_coming.html

Hope this helps.

To sum up the process, you wipe iTunes 7.7.1 off of your machine. Delete all the support files (on windows- clean your registry) then reboot. Then install 7.7.0 and then do a full restore on your iPod using 7.7.0 - do not use any backup data -restore as a new iPod. You should have cleaned everything out and have no backup data but just in case....

I'm trying this on a pc and so far so good - I'm on day 7 now and not one problem.

10. TheKackler macrumors newbie

possible fix for 'no content'?

4/12/2010
    PC: Windows 7
    iTunes: 9.1.0.79
    iPod Touch: 3.1.3

EVERY TIME iTunes updates, it screws something up...

I've been having the 'no content' problem (since the last update) and it drives me crazy because I update my podcasts daily for my 40 minute drive to work. I get to the car and wham... 'no content'.

i've tried deleting/reinstalling ipod drivers... sometimes it helps but not always.

I customized the names of my iPods (i have a few in the household) to tell them apart. I notice that the custom name of my iPod Touch was reset! I assumed it was a fluke, but the customized name NEVER came back. Luckily i had bought one song on via the iPod touch and a playlist was created with my custom name. I changed the iPod name back to my custom name and I haven't had a 'no content' problem since... It has only been a few days and a few syncs but it is reliable so far...

11. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

If you have this problem again, just resync the iPod, that always fixes it for me. What I do now is a) make sure to eject the iPod from iTunes b)Check for content, if it's missing c)resync and it should recognize your content again.