My iPod Nano has become an iPod Necro...

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Rahsten, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Rahsten macrumors regular

Rahsten

My iPod Nano 2GB which was purchased January 4th, 2006 just died today! I usually use it in my car connected to the lighter and broadcasting with an FM adapter. I went out to run some errands today, it worked. I came out of the first store I went to...and it didn't work. I thought it was maybe the battery died because the adapter wasn't securely fit but I don't think that is it. I've tried plugging it into a wall socket and even to my MacBook via USB. It's not working, not recharging, nothing. It isn't even recognized by my Mac as being plugged in.

Is this a common problem? Any solutions, short of buying a new one? My warranty is void. Why would this happen?

Any help is appreciated.:apple:

2. Rahsten thread starter macrumors regular

Rahsten

Thanks!

Bookmarked the link!

It worked for me...and now I feel a little dumb.

But, any idea why that happens? Seems silly.:confused:

3. janey macrumors 603

janey

No idea, when I used to use my iPods something like that would happen out of the blue and then start working again. At least it works now :D

4. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

No idea what really causes it to happen, but it's happened to me once or twice, and to enough other people that Apple finally made that support page for it.

I wouldn't feel bad, I thought mine were toast as well until someone else told me how to reset it.:)

5. Laura123 macrumors newbie

Glad you resolved the problem, it sounded like a worn out battery to me and I was gonna suggest ipodjuice.com for a <a href="http://www.ipodjuice.com">longer lasting, less expensive ipod battery</a>. I love mine, goes so long between charges now!

6. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

This has happened to me a few times with my 4G iPod. It's annoying, but it passes.

The worst was when it happened last month the day before my 10 hour roadtrip. ~.~