My ipod stopped working, please help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kunal123, Nov 15, 2009.

1. kunal123 macrumors member

My ipod touch ran out of charge and when i connected it to the computer it gives the error 0xE8000065. The ipod shows the connect to itunes screen. I have tried restarting both the ipod and the computer and have connected it to different computers.

2. adder7712 macrumors 68000

adder7712

3. kunal123 thread starter macrumors member

4. RabbidAssassin macrumors member

RabbidAssassin

Did you try to uninstall iTunes and reinstall it and see that it does. The other thing you can try is taking it to someone else computer and seeing if you have the same problem. That will tell you if it is a iTunes problem or your system. If the other person has a itouch see if you can use their cable as well to rule that out. :apple:

Also how long ago did you get it, most apple stores will help you get it working again. :apple:

5. kunal123 thread starter macrumors member

I tried uninstalling itunes, changing the cable, using different versions of itunes,disabling bonjour, using different computers but nothing helped.

6. adder7712 macrumors 68000

adder7712

Did some Googling and other people that have gotten the same error code usually fixes it by a simple computer restart. Maybe its your iPod? Did you try to sync other iPods?

7. kunal123 thread starter macrumors member

I tried restarting the computer. Called Apple and they said that it was a usb driver thingie. I am going to the service center tomorrow. Wish me luck!

8. RabbidAssassin macrumors member

RabbidAssassin

Its sounds to me that it has to be your iTouch. If you have already tried other computers then you know its not iTunes or resetting your system. Making sure you let them know everything that you tried and see if they will try to sync it right there in front of you... Good Luck :apple:

9. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

whoa. that blows...goodluck! tell us what happens :p