My iPod Touch 3G outperforming my iPod Touch 4G!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by fel10, Feb 2, 2011.

1. fel10 macrumors 68000

fel10

This is really weird, I already restored both my iPods, both have the same amount of music, apps, videos, but my 3G is outperforming my 4G. Like some games are loading faster on my 3G. When I exit apps, the 3G has a smooth animation, when my 4G doesn't. Does anybody know what going on?? I thought it was supposed to be the other way around.

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

I'd clear the multitasking bars, power off then back on and try again.

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

If you restart everything and its still faster, just remember that the 4G's screen is much bigger. So the same GPU has to run even harder to run a bigger screen.

4. fel10 thread starter macrumors 68000

fel10

I did that. And still the same.

Anyone with both iPods, having the same issue. U can tell the difference when u start games like Geared and Geared 2. The iPod touch 3G loads faster.

5. fel10 thread starter macrumors 68000

fel10

True, but I thought the 4G was supposed to be faster, especially seeing some of the speed test videos on YouTube.

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

It has a faster CPU, but it has the same ram and GPU. Both are a bit limited on a device with a retina display.

7. fel10 thread starter macrumors 68000

fel10

The funny thing is, my 4th gen is way faster than my mom's 8 GB iPod touch 3rd gen, but my old 64GB iPod Touch 3rd gen, is running most stuff faster than my 64GB iPod Touch 4th gen :confused::confused:

8. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

That's because 8Gb 3G iPod Touches are actually 2G iPod Touches. The only difference is that they have SHSH support built in and their model number is different.

9. fel10 thread starter macrumors 68000

fel10

Oh ok, thank for the info.

I'm sorry, I know I'm sounding paranoid. I was just surprised how my old iPod was doing some tasks better than my new iPod. And also wondering if this is good reason enough to go to the Genius bar, or its nothing to worry about.

10. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

It nothing to be worried about. Just enjoy using your various iDevices.

11. tomsgirl macrumors newbie

I have been having the same problem and called Apple. The tech I spoke with had me double click the home button to pull up all the running apps. As all of the apps that are loaded on the touch were there he had me stop running each one (there is a small -minus sign in the corner of each app).
    When you close the app it disappears but does not delete it from the ipod.

I then powered down the touch and restarted it. Everything is now running as it did on my 3g. I only did this about a half hour ago and so far it is working.

I hope this fixes it for good, I'll keep you posted.

12. viperGTS macrumors 68000

Is FaceTime turned on in settings? If so, turn that off. it acts as a phone app and takes up RAM.

thats unvbelievable that a 3G would outperform a 4G though... shouldnt the 4G be faster?

also, are they on the same version of iOS?

13. barktasobebark1 macrumors newbie

I think it's just your home button wearing out. It happen to me. And it's because iPods go slow after about a week.

14. Adamo macrumors 6502

What.