My iPod touch 3g won't boot at all, it just boot with "boot tethered"?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by desort3, Dec 5, 2010.

1. desort3 macrumors newbie

hello guys

after 4 days of trying a lot of thing (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=11518413), redsn0w did it for me, I jailbreaked it, and now I can start my ipod using redsn0w "boot tethered". I'm very happy.

The thing is without it, it won't boot at all, any ideas?

2. jordand321 macrumors member

3. desort3 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok thanks, it's because it was written that I only need to boot tethered to use cydia apps, I thought I could boot normal else.

4. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

Actually my iPt 3g 32GB will still boot without redsnow. I just can't use jailbreak apps without booting tethered...

Perhaps there is some cydia app you have that hooks into the boot process at some point? The only thing I do with my jailbreak is kill the native backgrounding and replace it with backgrounder.

5. desort3, Dec 5, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2010

desort3 thread starter macrumors newbie

yea thanks for replying, that's rly my iPod that is ****ed up, if I disconnect it, after 1 mins or less, it won't boot up even if I didn't shutdown it ;/, I then need to jailbreak it again and then boot tethered in order to make it work,

I don't know what's going on, at least, I couldn't even boot it on at all before yesterday, so that's a good new but still