My iPod Touch fell.... Question! Help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Bdoskail, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Bdoskail macrumors member

Hey everyone, i had the worst luck yersterday and my iPod fell on the floor. The screen cracked pretty bad but thankfully my iPod still works. The iPod is only 10 days old....
    So i wanted to ask, do you think that if i go back to apple they will repair the screen or give me a new iPod? Or is that completely ridiculous to think?
    And if not, is it worth it to pay to fix the screen?
    Or what do you guys recommend me to do?

Thanks a lot for the feedback!

2. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

I've heard stories of nice geniuses at the genius bar giving replacements/free repairs for smashed iPods. Just explain your situation to the genius and be really nice and polite and there is a chance they will fix or replace it free of charge. Good luck.

Let us know how it goes.

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Dude that sucks. Yeah I've also heard people getting replacements free if charge.

4. dtblaze macrumors regular

It depends who you talk to at the apple store, if you get a nice guy your'e in luck xD

5. iTouch.lover22 macrumors regular

i hope you can get that free repair, sucks to break it so quickly. But yea, try and get someone who looks nice, they don't usually give out free repairs.

6. Bdoskail thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the replies guys, they really help!
    Yeah, ive read about the genius bar, but dont really know if there is one in every apple store in most countries? Cause raight now i live in spain....

And if the end they dont feel pity for me and dont fix it :( does anyone recommend me to try and fix the screen or buy a new screen?

Ill keep you posted!

7. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

There are Genius Bars at every Apple Store around the world, if my memory is correct there is an Apple store in Madrid and there is a rumour that a store is opening in Valencia early this year.