My Ipod Touch Got Wet.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by whowhatwhen, Jun 6, 2010.

1. whowhatwhen macrumors newbie

SO ok like the stupid moron I am, I tried to listen to it while taking a shower. Someone was yelling at me so I lowered the volume. Right then the music kept repeating itself and before i could turn it off I saw it turn off by itself. I quickly got out wrapped it in my t-shirt where it was dry. When I came out I tried to see if it still worked but it did not. I went on the computer to see if it still could be saved. I read you werent supposed to be turning it on. Well I saw it turn off, and I tried when it was completely dired. Am I still screwed? Please help!!! :(
    What do i do now? ( My parents dont know )

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Listening to your iPod touch on the shower. You sir have earned the Facepalm of the Month™ award. And yes, I'm aware today os only the 6th day of the month.

3. whowhatwhen thread starter macrumors newbie

Ooops, not IN the shower. Forgot to mention that. It was near the window sill whit the window wide open so it barely got any water, just the water that dripped from my hands.

4. jhojo macrumors newbie

I wouldn't recommended listening to it while taking a shower in the same room. the condense could be enough to render it useless.

However never ever try turning something on when it gets wet! :(

Enough with the bashing, you are in need of help, so I registered.
    Get some rice, put it in a bowl, put de ipod in it so that it is covered in rice. Now cover it up with some foil. now the dry rice will absorb the water that is inside of the iPod. So put it away for 24 hours inside of the rice. Don't put it in direct sunlight.

Hopefully you will have it running after that.

Let us know how it goes.

5. Graeme43 macrumors 6502a

Graeme43

I had to pay £140 for replacement because 1 drop of water got in my dock port in my iPhone 3G :( worked ok for a small bit then photos stopped syncing then few days later it finally stopped charging!

6. NJMetsHero macrumors regular

1. You could shock yourself by doing that.

2. Put it in a bowl of uncooked rice. Not kidding.

7. jhojo macrumors newbie

@Graeme43, it oxidated because of the water. You could have gotten it fixed by cleaning the contacts with some electronics spray. There is also a way to make the watermarker white again, so that they can't notice that easily that it got wet ;)

8. Golden michel macrumors newbie

jailbreaking is not illegal thought it voids your warranty unless you restore to pre-jailbreak before sending it in. Apple might repair water damage but itl cost you.

9. "GeorgeE" macrumors newbie

this works if you haven't already fixed it.
    my friends ipod touch went through the washing machine, so after he had been using the oven one day, i told him to put it in there when it was cooling down.
    make sure that it dosen't get too hot, but this process evaporates all the water inside the ipod. After that my friend's ipod has worked perfectly until he completly smashed it last week =(

10. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Ive heard alot of people reccomend the rice thing, so you should probably try that. :)