My ipod touch got wet!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by HelpMeee, Jun 28, 2010.

1. HelpMeee macrumors newbie

There are automatic sinks at school and my ipod touch fell in one, the sink turned on and it took me a second to realize what happened, I dried it and it turns on and looks normal, but it just doesn't detect my touch anymore
    :( What do I do? I'm wondering if I can get it fixed and how much it's gooing to cost...

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Put it in a resealable bag with uncooked rice, and leave it for a few days. The rice should absorb the moisture.

3. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

If that doesn't work then there's probably no hope for it. Apple might be able to fix it for a cost.

4. Xavier macrumors 68020

Kids these days and there technology.

The rice is the way to go. Best of luck!

5. celticpride678

Like others said, try to put it in a bowl of rice.

Apple will replace it for $129.

6. DolmenRage macrumors member

Don't forget to turn it off completely before doing this.

7. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

8. hismikeness macrumors regular

I dropped mine in the toilet as it was refilling after flushing the day I was moving out of my house. Literally it was the last thing before walking out. Everything was packed, including rice.

I knew enough not to try and turn it back on. I wedged it bottom first in to the airconditioner vent in my car and blasted it for a 3 hour ride. I let it sit for 2 days before I could move in to my new place.

I finally tried to start it and it wouldn't turn on. As a last resort, I plugged it in to my computer and it fired up with the Apple logo and started charging. The weird thing was that it was about 75% when I dropped it.

A couple of days later, the screen would get dim right in the middle of using it. See here. A few more days passed and I was about to give up, it started working.

Good luck to you.

9. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

I thought your username sounded familiar.