My Ipod touch is locked !!! help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by ryley, Jan 4, 2011.

1. ryley macrumors newbie

hello i jailbroke my ipod using spirit and it was good until i tried to update it! i updated it and itunes told me me you need to restore it and i tried that but all it said was it can not restore because of some unknown error (6) i tried ziphone to unlock it from recovery mode and ziphone could not recognize it!! please help :confused:

2. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

Apple is anti-jailbreak, as you've learned the hard way; when you jailbreak your iDevice, you don't ever want to update it through iTunes.

If you can restore or start new from within iTunes, then I'd recommend giving Apple a call.

3. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

It's an iPod so not much to worry about. Just DFU mode and restore it. Jailbreak again with redsn0w. It will be tethered for now.

4. lanulos macrumors regular

By the way you didn't tell us what you have. You might try TinyUmbrella for getting out of recovery mode.

I didn't have any trouble upgrading my ipt-3g from spirit-jailbroken 3.1.3 to 4.0 but of course that was a while ago using iTunes 10.0, I think. Maybe they have changed something more recently. But as far as I have heard, Apple loves people to upgrade the iOS on a jailbroken device, because then it isn't jailbroken anymore (at least for a while!).