My iPod Touch loads so slowly, and often stops.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MythicFrost, Jan 5, 2010.

1. MythicFrost macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

EDIT: Wow that title isn't right, it meant to say "My iPod Touch loads YouTube video's so slowly and often stops"... it made me lol.

I've got a 16GB 2nd gen iPod Touch, I opened my YouTube app, I typed in "The Offspring Gone Away" and selected the first video, which has lyrics that come up on it, it goes for 4m 27s.

After waiting 20 minutes, the video has loaded ~30% and has fully stopped. It was loading in really small chunks up to about 5-10 minutes.
    In fact the video never actually started playing... I have full signal strength, and am within two metre's of my relatively new AEBS.

I'm curious why it stops, and takes so long. The iPod Touch has just been replaced and is brand new (several days old). I had the same problem with the previous one.
    I started playing the YouTube video and it started moving again in really small chunks, it's caught up to where it's pre-loaded and paused itself. Started it again after loading ~20% more, it's paused again and is nearly finished loading the rest of the video.

Now this might not seem so bad, but I'm two metre's away from my AEBS, if I walk 10 metre's away... or put it in my pocket, then it's probably going to be like 30+ minutes.
    Also, a lot of times when I've actually tried to watch YouTube (not testing), it does stop but doesn't resume later like it has now. (Although that was with previous iPod Touch, but everything else is the same, so I'll just have to wait and see).

Does anyone else experience this issue? you could test it yourself, the video is by "AHeadchoppinProd". Peace.

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Is the ipod jailbroken? And have you tried a different wireless network and produced the same result?

3. MythicFrost thread starter macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

It's not jailbroken and never has been. Several months ago I had tried a second network which we had at the time, which is no longer available. It produced similar (if not worse) results.

4. MythicFrost thread starter macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

Hi thanks for your reply, but no it wouldn't be infected by a virus, there a really no viruses for an un-jailbroken iPod Touch or iPhone. It is a brand new 2nd gen I just received, my old one which was replaced also had the same issue.
    And it's designed to have a lot of files on it (music, video, photos etc..), it should be able to handle it.

5. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

Is your wifi 802.11b or 802.11g? I had similar problems with 802.11b so reset my router to 802.11g and it has been brilliant since with youtube videos loading 3-4 times faster than they play.

6. MythicFrost thread starter macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

It's the latest AEBS model, it broadcasts an 11N and 11G signal, I believe the 11G is a&b compatible as well. So I don't think it's that.