My iPod Touch SCREWED my computer.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by KLIQUE, Apr 19, 2008.

1. KLIQUE macrumors newbie

I was jailbreaking my ipod touch 1.1.4 and then It worked and all and I was playing like games and downloading apps to my touch so I decide to reboot my computer...after I just restore my ipod from the jailbreaking so it's back to new or w/e. So When I restart my computer and try to login to my account (WITH ALL MY MUSIC AND FILES) It logs me out after like 3 seconds when I log in. I have no idea what is going on. All my music is on that account and right now Im on another account but my I have no backups of my music. Can anyone help ?

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

First off the iPod touch didn't break your computer.
    Second it sounds like you may have a virus that you contracted from downloading stuff for the touch (be more careful).
    Third: boot into safe mode, copy all your important files to an external drive, erase and install.

3. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

Did you pirate your music from limewire?? If so.. DONT! It is illegal and can give you viruses like crazy...

I would recommend that you stop illegally downloading if you are.. and get a Mac.

This may help... link.
    :apple:

4. aethelbert macrumors 601

The iPod didn't screw your computer. You did.

5. KLIQUE thread starter macrumors newbie

Im already using a mac im running Tiger. I sometimes use limewire but I have never occured any problems before.

6. aethelbert macrumors 601

7. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

and he should of course repair disk permissions. (these are the cure alls on a mac)

8. savanahrose macrumors 6502a

savanahrose

I love that option! Sure beats the heck out of windows! I am so glad I decided to get a mac. Everyone was scrunching up their noses at that one when I told them. Now my daughter and husband wants one. :D

Sorry I seem to have went off topic and stole your thread.

9. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

Could also be a corrupt file on the desktop thats causing the Finder to repeatedly crash when you log in.

10. Trip.Tucker Guest

Login with your admin account instead of your regular user account. Does the problem still occur?

11. KLIQUE thread starter macrumors newbie

I have 3 accounts which are all admin accs. I might have a corrupt file systems because my computer has restarted on occasion due to the finder defaulting. I still dont know whawt to do about this problem

12. Trip.Tucker Guest

3?? But surely you don't use an admin account for daily use... do you? :confused:

13. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

archive and install maybe?

14. aethelbert macrumors 601

15. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

you could be a little nicer as he did believe that this did have something to do with his iPod.

To the OP: have you tried booting from your install disk and using disk utilities?

16. KLIQUE thread starter macrumors newbie

Im a complete amateru to most tech stuff so I really dont u nderstand what to do. I don't have my original os disk though I know that. How would I run disk utilities/permissions and ****.

17. Star Destroyer macrumors 6502

I dont understand the post on "Surely you dont use your admin account as your daily account"

I have been since i got my mac, whats wrong with doing that?

18. aethelbert macrumors 601

Suggesting someone visit a place where they can get more and better help is rude?

19. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

it is under disk utilitys. Just mount your drive, and hit the button!

20. KLIQUE thread starter macrumors newbie

Repaired disk. Verified it. And Zapped PRAM. My account is still bricked : (

21. aethelbert macrumors 601

Do you have all of your content backed up? If I and you can't get restore discs for it, take it to an Apple store if there's one nearby and they should be able to reinstall 10.4 for you.

22. KLIQUE thread starter macrumors newbie

Danggg..so theres not way I can transfer the music from the other account or anything ? If not I appreciate your help guys.

23. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

do you have another mac?

try target disk mode

24. mkaake macrumors 65816

Navigate to the root level of your hard drive (you'll have folders for the system, users, library, etc.). Open the 'users' folder. Open the folder for the user that you're trying to get the music from. Drag n drop the music folder to your current music folder.

To do this, you may need to change the permissions of the music folder. Select the music folder, and get info (command i, right click, or from a menu). Under the permissions area, change your currently logged in user to the owner of the folder and click the 'apply to all enclosed items' (if memory serves).

Anyhew, that'll get your music moved over, but if you post your q over in the system help area, you can get some targeted advice that'll get your user account back in shape.

25. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

That is one disgusting man!