My ipod touch tiny water damage.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DecodeMe, Feb 6, 2010.

1. DecodeMe macrumors newbie

Okay; I took my case off and sprayed a little windex on my ipod and wiped it clean. Then a few minutes later; I noticed it wouldn't let me press some things and I tried again and it wouldn't let me slide the unlock bar. I hear all my notifications, everything seems to work fine, and I don't see any pink. But there is a dark water mark visible when the screen is lit. But when it got wet, it was on hold. I can't turn it off; and after a while, now I can't even turn it on, when I plug it into my computer, nothing happens, and I'm reading that I should put it in rice. Is this still effective? What should I do? Will I ever be able to use it again?:confused:

2. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

I don't think you're suppose to use any liquids you would use to clean windows/glass etc. Let it sit for a couple days, 2-3, and see where it takes you. Good luck!

3. iTwitch macrumors 6502a

iTwitch

I use Windex all the time, the trick is to spay some Windex on a lint free tissue and use that to wipe the iPod. Don't drench the tissue, you just want it damp.

4. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

There are gaps between the screen glass and surrounding chrome shell. Your Windex must have seeped through and soaked the circuitry. Let it sit in rice for a few days.