My Ipod touch will not come on after being dead for 30 days!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by justinscharity, Aug 22, 2009.

1. justinscharity macrumors newbie

My Ipod will not come back on. I left it dead for about a month and forgot about it and now whenver i plug it in to charge in my truck the charger will turn green but it doesnt come on. I left it on the charger for like 3 days in a row. When i plug it into the computer it wont show up in itunes and it says hub port limit exeeded or osme crap like that and still will not come on.....

Oh ya I have also tried the hold down the home key and power button and that doesnt work either...

If you leave a message !DONT! put sorry youll just have to buy a new one... thats not advice thats just someone being a smartelic

2. brop52 macrumors 68000

brop52

You are plugging it in to the computer directly to the USB port or are you using a hub? Unplug all other devices and try again.

Where was the iPod sitting for the 30 days? Was it exposed to heat? Is it less than a year old?

Which iPod is it and when is the last time you updated its firmware?

3. justinscharity thread starter macrumors newbie

its a touch yes its less than a year old and it was in my room not exposed to heat idk there was a difference in the hub and usb but it still wont pick it up when i plug it into the usb

4. brop52 macrumors 68000

brop52

5. xxmendozaxx macrumors newbie

Take it to apple and tell them that you were using it & then you went to work or something and when you came back it didn't work.
    Don't tell the that you forgot about for 30 days.

6. macsarethebest macrumors regular

try dfu mode...

try plugging it in, then putting it in dfu mode. here's how: hold down sleep/wake for 2 secs, without letting go push the home button for 10 secs, then let go of the sleep button but hold the home for another 30 secs. If it doesn't work, take it diretly to an apple store, or you can request service online. good luck! :p