My iPod touch wont restore for the millionth time

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by KenWanka, Nov 11, 2009.

1. KenWanka macrumors newbie

Everytime i get a cracked app from appulous it stops charging, and the lightning symbol in itunes in the ipod tab is not there. Everytime i unplug it from the computer the ipod turns off and i gotta restore it everytime. Ive got error code 1601 2 times now, (ive got it b4 on another time and that time i erased ALL traces, and the play count of my songs were reseted, all my apps were gone, and etc.) This time (which was yesterday) iTunes play count did not reset, and etc. However, the iPod was still jailbroken when i plugged it in, which is not wat happened the first time. I also did not have to restore it. Also, on the apple website of the error code 1601 guide it says u have to install the latest version of iTunes. I did not do that this time, cause i thought that iTunes 9.0.2 was faulty to jailbroken ipods. Am i doing something wrong? Should i seriously take it back to the apple store or is there a solution? Cause all the apps ive got from appulous are screwing up my ipod. I havent tried Installous though.

And also, ive had the 1601 error many times now, following the steps from http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1923?viewlocale=en_US isnt doing anything. Everytime i reinstall itunes the iPod gets a 1601 error again -.-. Thanks for your help.

2. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

You want to blame apple for your dysfunctional touch that you jailbroke and are installing pirated apps on????

Is this for real??

Run it stock, pay for apps and see what happens.

3. ss957916 macrumors 6502a

Well, if it restored the last 999,999 times, that's not so bad.