My Ipod Touch Wont Turn On After Being 'Jailbreaked'

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by chrisgray93, Jul 20, 2010.

1. chrisgray93 macrumors newbie

I need help please, My Ipod Touch Wont Turn On After Being 'Jailbreaked'. it comes up with the white usb transfer cable and the itunes logo. I hold the on/off switch and home button down for 10seconds but nothing happening. please help me. By the way i have a 16GB Ipod Touch.

2. applemike macrumors 6502

applemike

2 things.

1, The past tense of Jailbreak, is Jailbroken.

2, connect your device to your PC or Mac, hold the home button and top button for 15 seconds untill your device disconnects,

leave for a few minutes before pressing the top button to start the device normally, iTunes should recognise it as normal, in which case its working

or in recovery mode, if it is in recovery mode then you can resore to your origonal firmware.

If niether of these work, then leave your ipod for 24 hours, allow the battery to completely drain, so you can find out what mode it is in

then connect to your Mac/PC and see how iTunes reacts

you should find your ipod in recovery mode, or more likely with damaged or incomplete firmware,

to fix this press shift+restore (on PC) optn+resore (Mac) in itunes and restore to your previous firmware,

Hope i was of some help

:apple:Mike

3. celticpride678

4. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Hi, If you are going to give English lessons you need to learn English first. Don't be mixing up your Plurals and your Tense.

5. applemike macrumors 6502

applemike

Thought it was wrong, cheers!

6. v2allen macrumors regular

v2allen

Work on your grammar then you might get your ipod to turn on:rolleyes::eek: