My iPod touch won't turn on?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by KenWanka, Jul 16, 2009.

1. KenWanka macrumors newbie

I have iPod touch 2.2.1 version and i have recently jailbreaked it, but some apps wouldn't sync into my iPod, so i decided to press the Erase iPod button (in the iPod, not in iTunes). I thought it worked until it went into recovery mode. Once it was in recovery mode, it would show the pinapple (the sign i chose while jailbreaking), and after that, it would misteriously shut down. I can't give this to an apple store cause they don't approve jailbreaking, and the iPod won't connect to iTunes either, although it has battery every time i do connect it (once i disconnect it, it runs out of battery). Is there any way to fix this problem? Thanks. Also, my friend jailbreaked it, so i have no idea of what happened during it.

2. markojug macrumors regular

Plug it in, then put your iPod Touch into DFU mode. That should fix it.

3. JediMeister macrumors 68040

With the OP being a newbie and not having jailbreaked it in the first place, I doubt he knows what DFU means...to force the iPod into recovery mode, first make sure the iPod touch is turned off, i.e. tapping the home button will not activate the screen. You will want to connect the iPod touch to a USB 2.0 computer (with the latest version of iTunes) via the dock cable while holding in the home button. iTunes should report it has detected an iPod touch in recovery mode and recommend you restore it. Click Ok, then on the summary page, click the restore button. With a decent internet connection, downloading the .ipsw from Apple's servers should take only about 10-15 minutes, and maybe another 10-15 to install on the iPod. DFU mode is also documented in a publicly available support article.