My iPod Touch's screen cracked?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Pain, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Pain macrumors regular

So, long story short: Last time I used it was the morning of the 12th. After being acknowledged about a death in the family, I went to the house and stayed there - iPod Touch at home.

Came home yesterday night (FRIDAY THE ****ING THIRTEENTH) and found my iPod Touch cracked. Across the entire device, was a line going horizontally right in the middle. It was hard to see, but it's visible. If you shine it at the light, it seems almost shiny...

I swear, no one was in the house either, my screen just cracked...

Anyway, my iPod (this is a 1G by the way) was taking forever on Wi-Fi related things, so I'm sorta confused.

I bought it on May 4th, 2008. Will I still be covered? I have a Wi-Fi defection now, and a cracked screen (which I thought would never happen). Any ideas what to do? Call Apple and see?

2. Pgohlke macrumors 6502

If you go to the apple store and tell them what happened (don't sound all superstious though) they may fix it, but normally they will kindly say cracks don't happen on their own so we can fix it for some money (normally $100-200).

3. Pain thread starter macrumors regular

4. txhockey9404 macrumors 6502a

It never hurts to try. Take it to an Apple genius bar and tell them what you just told us, minus the swearing, and hope for the best. Who knows, they are usually somewhat helpful, and they may just replace it for you. Why spend $220+ when you may be able to get a free replacement?

5. bettykoyle macrumors regular