My iPod will not start up!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Chuck67322, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Chuck67322 macrumors member

Chuck67322

Well, as you know, the redsn0w lite came out, I used and I successfully jailbroke my iPod touch 2g...
    It's been going great for about 2 weeks now, and guess what?
    My iPod crashes while I'm in Cydia!
    I try to boot up with rslite, and the Apple logo shows up and iTunes pops up, and then after that absolutely nothing happens. It shows the Apple logo for 10 minutes, then shuts off. I've been trying to boot up at least 5 times now, but still no luck.
    I don't know if I should rejailbreak it, because then all my jailbroken stuff goes away. What do you think I should do? Rejailbreak or just wait until it works (which it may not)?

2. nshirey macrumors newbie

Have you tried reconnecting it to your computer? That should work it things out.

3. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

that happened to me when i messed up the permissions of something. try sshing in and undoing what you did.

4. Chuck67322 thread starter macrumors member

Chuck67322

I didn't SSH anything, it just crashed suddenly while I was browsing through Cydia. I was looking at a snapshot for a theme, then the spinning wheel appeared and stayed there for 15 minutes, then I force shut it down.

5. Chuck67322 thread starter macrumors member

Chuck67322

Yeah, I said that I tried booting up with rslite, but it shows the Apple logo, and does nothing else...
    But too late, I already restored and now I have to redo all the jailbreak stuff...
    :(

6. Chuck67322 thread starter macrumors member

Chuck67322

Oh yeah, I couldn't SSH anyways, it WOULDN'T BOOT UP! You need it booted up to do SSH...