my issues with apple

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Fast duck, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Fast duck macrumors member

so first off i am kind new to apple but so far its been a bad experience. First off my 3g Iphone first time it was returned was because the vibrate switch fell off. the second time was for a crack between the head phone jack and metal around the screen. then once was brought back for dirt under the screen and dead pixel. pixel was not fixed! Now the issue with that phone are the vibrate switch is broken the pixel is not fixed the speaker does not work and it has the same crack by the headphone jack. Guess what its not under apple care any more.
    Next my 3gs first time it was returned was for something silly i think the volume switch did not work but not there is a crack between the vibrate and volume switch and a ton of dust under the screen.
    next my iMac i got about in late nov. the issues here are the yellow screen, screen flickers, it wont go online and get my mail through what ever mac uses in windows its outlook and its really slow online i cant watch a 2 min video on you tube with out it stopping to buff like 7 times. So i am kinda upset with the whole thing any one want to give my advice. And i dont mean on my grammar. sorry but i swing hammers for a job not books.
    any help would be great!

2. spinne1 macrumors 6502a

spinne1

Either you've had horrible luck or you are dropping your phones, etc.

As for the iMac, it sounds like either it has a hardware problem, or needs a complete refresher (backup all files, reinstall OS X, reinstall apps, put docs and such back on.) If it is a hardware problem, Apple will fix it. You must contact them and press until they fix it. If it truly has a hardware issue, they will fix it. They will probably want you to do various things, such as troubleshooting. Do what they ask. Most Macs are not sold as lemons. Most are happy with their products. You may have a lemon. Youtube buffering should not happen on an Intel Mac. (What exact iMac do you have?) How much ram do you have?

3. Fast duck thread starter macrumors member

Oh I have a new 21.5 inch mac just a stock one. And no my phone have not been dropped kicked or beaten up in any way. I am bringing all devices to the apple store this am and hopefully I will leave there with unbroken stuff. As I am sick of spending good money for products that brake every other month. But mabey I have s@&$ luck.

4. spice weasel macrumors 65816

One of my colleagues had a problem with a vibrate/ringer switch that became so loose that it no longer functioned. Then again, she treats her stuff like crap. She would just toss her iPhone in her bag and let it bang against everything in there. The screen was scratched to hell.

As for your iMac, have you singled out your computer as the culprit? It sounds like it could also be a network issue. Try power cycling your modem and router to see if that helps. Also, there was a recent firmware update for the screen flicker problem. The yellow tinge is still an issue, though. I notice it on my 27" iMac, but I'm waiting for Apple to clear up the problem before I bother trying to return it.

5. Fast duck thread starter macrumors member

My update I am getting a new mac and new 3gs. But they would not work with me on the 3g I know it's not under care any more I was just hopeing for good faith on it. But 2 out of 3 ain't bad right. But the from what they said at apple is they only think the macs built in 2010 have the yellow screen issue. So if you have 1 built In 2009 that has it I would talk to someone if I were you.

6. emir macrumors 6502a

emir

it must be bad luck or dropping your phones. Apple's products are often very solid. I used ipod tocuh 1st gen for a year, iphone 3g for 1.5 year now and nothing wrong with it. My sister has a iPod touch 1st gen. for 2.5 years, she drops it constantly, nothing wrong with it. My father using iPhone 3G since September '08, nothing wrong with it.

7. Fast duck thread starter macrumors member

First off my phones have never been dropped. Or any other type of bad handling they do not have a scratch on either of them and I have never used a case or screen protector. I would take a pict to prove it but well I'm on my phone and the other is not on me. So got any other ideas? But the one product I have had luck with is my I pod color when the first came out. And I still have it and works fine never any issues with that.