My iStory. What's Yours?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by toxicbomber, Sep 21, 2008.

1. toxicbomber macrumors 6502a

So let's begin when the iPhone first came out. I was like, "WOW I WANT ONE!!!". Well I did actually go to the AT&T store to wait in line and get one. But my mom said she would take it away if I did not work for it. Well I got it and I didn't. I tried to sell it on eBay, but I was scammed! Then we just took it back to AT&T. Things changed when Steve Jobs announced the iPod touch. Again I was like,"WOW I WANT ONE! THIS ONE I CAN AFFORD!". We did get one and I was happy... for a while. Fast forward to 2008 and the new 16 GB iPhone had just come out. Again I wanted one so I sold the iPod touch and bought an iPhone with some extra money I worked for. I was happy. Now just today I was on a trip to the Apple Store and speak of the devil my iPhone went insane. The genius swapped phones with me and I got a brand new one. I thought why not sell it on ebay? And I am. I was sick of the iPhone and all this i goodness. So now it's on ebay advertised as brand new which it is. I will update the story as time goes on. That's my iStory for right now. What's yours?

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I bought (4) 3G iPhones and then bought my Mother one, b/c I felt she worked hard for it and b/c she's my Momma! Sold my v1 iPhones on CL for $475 and EB for $400; made out like a bandit, good luck with your sale, I'm pretty sure you can get close to $300 without getting scammed...:cool:

3. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

My iPhone story: iPhone 3G announced, told my mama about it. she automatically said I was to young to have a decent phone. My cousin said I'll sell you my 16GB first gen. when I get the 3G for 75$. I said ok. 3G came out. He got the 3G White. he just gave me his older 16GB first gen. so yeah..I'm done.

4. SoSII macrumors member

what's your point??:confused:

5. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

You must be new here. ;) :D

6. UberDy macrumors newbie

I waited in like for the Gen 1 iphone, picked up 6 of them between myself and my sister. Sold all of them right outside the store or from people on craigslist, made about $200 per phone..despite the overwhelming stock (no one knew they would have). Plus I let a guy cut in line for a $150 Best Buy gift card and $100 bucks.

I didn't even keep a Gen 1. for myself. Then I purchased my first mac about a month ago, my current iMac 20. Fell more in love with Apple. My GF and both upgraded to iphone 3G about 2 weeks ago and love it!

7. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

I bought an iPhone too. I use it to make calls and browse the web and stuff.

8. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

I don't mean to sound rude or arrogant, but why can't you just be happy with what you've got instead of 'wanting this,' and having to 'sell that.' Is it really that hard to be happy with what you've got and only replace it when you need something new, or if there are enough major changes for it.

9. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

haha. nicely put. sums this thread right up!

10. Etnies419 macrumors 6502

Mine:

When the original iPhone was announced, I didn't care too much about it. I didn't really think it would be worth it to get it. Then, when the iPod Touch (1g) came out, temptation set in and I eventually got one (16gb). I was extremely happy with it for a while, but was getting fed up with Sprint at the same time. I wasn't getting the greatest service, and their customer service wasn't the best either. Plus the fact that I had a Razr...

When the 3g was announced, I decided that I wanted to get one. The price was lowered (even though it will cost more overall, but I don't have to fork over as much on day 1), so the price wasn't that much of an issue since I already had enough to get it. My dad has AT&T, so I asked him if he would mind if I switched over to his plan, since I wanted to get one. He agreed, and about 2 weeks after that I got my iPhone.

I love this phone, it's the best phone I've ever had. I don't have a huge music library, so I can fit all of my songs on it. I love the fact that I can go on the internet almost everywhere, and use the best mobile browser I've ever used. The iPhone is everything I need in a portable electronic device. I never go anywhere without it, even just walking around the house. I'm always pulling it out and just playing with it.

11. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

Once upon a time in on a little planet Earth, sammich wanted an iPhone and he got it.

I live happily ever after. :D

Before I read the funnier posts: We needed new phones and we always like to keep up with (Apple) technology, so we signed up for five, one for each of the family, and that includes a couple for our tech illiterate mum and dad.

12. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

To add to my story: I got the Apple Logo of Death about 45 minutes ago :/

13. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

Ouch:eek: Your plans?

14. samiwas macrumors 65816

mcdj...your cynical posts never cease to make me laugh. I love it.

15. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Restore to factory defaults. then Jailbreak again.(already restored to factory defaults, now syncing my apps/music you know..the stuff). I'll try to JailBreak again tomorrow. soo yeah. If I don't Jailbreak, and I'm under warrenty, and something goes wrong(I have a first gen. 16GB) will Apple replace my phone?

or do they have something to figure out if I jailbroke before and then restored?

16. milani macrumors 68000

milani

What are you, nuts?

;)

17. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

my mamma told me, "life is like a shipment of 3G iPhones, you never know what you gonna get."

18. carve macrumors 6502a

carve

Fixed it for ya :p

19. theLimit macrumors 6502a

theLimit

When the 3G was announced, I bought a first gen via eBay, pwned it, and have been using it happily for months. Best phone / iPod I've ever used. Also, I browse the web on it at least as much as on my MBP.

20. compuguy1088 macrumors 6502a

compuguy1088

I've had a 2G iPhone 8 Gb since October 07. Works great, and well built as well! :D