my Itouch is dead =/

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by suleman, Oct 16, 2008.

1. suleman macrumors newbie

hello everyone my itouch is dead i dont know how or what happend i left my ipod touch on my desk it was charged when i went to sleep i woke up it was dead i dont know what happend i try to turn it on and it wont turn on i put it to my cmputer it got recognized but it told me i ahve to put in my password first BUT how am i able to do that if the dumb screen wont turn on at all?

2. 11800506 macrumors 65816

1. Your post would be much more readable with the help of punctuation.

2. If you still can't get it to work, try taking it into an Apple store to see if they can fix the issue you are having. Also, if it is still within the warranty you might be able to get it replaced if it is a hardware issue.

3. Chuckypool macrumors member

The battery on my ipod touch sometimes drains completely when it's plugged into my mac. Seems to happen if the computer shuts down.

Anyway, try recharging your touch for a couple of hours and then try turning it back on. Might be that it just needs charging up again.

Chris

4. topcash macrumors member

try holding down the both power buttons at the same time for about 20 secs and see if it comes back on then. also check the battery. [​IMG]

5. therealmrbob macrumors regular

therealmrbob

both power buttons?

haha

it's the "sleep button" and the "menu button" I believe.

But yeah hold them down and see if a little apple pops up after a while.

6. RRutter macrumors 6502

You shouldn't laugh at him.. You have no idea what you're talking about either.

First, just try restoring your iPod Touch in iTunes.

If that doesn't work, than it sounds like your iPod Touch needs its very rare flu shot. That is called the DFU Flu Shot. DFU is a mode that Apple made on the iPod Touches/iPhones that wasn't intended to be released into public.

To get into DFU mode, turn off your iPod Touch. After that, hold down both the Menu button (the circle) and the sleep/power button for 10 seconds. Once the 10 seconds is up, instantly release the sleep/power button, but keep holding onto the menu button, and keep holding it until something pops up into your itunes, and restore.