Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

keefers

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2008
nyc
i just got a macbook pro to dj with, i have had it for about a week and all i have is itunes, and itunes has already started freezing, it sounds like when you 'scratch' a record on a turntable slowly, but then it carry's on playing....it's awful!
anyone with a bit of helpfull advice? ...im clueless!
thanks
lee.

kajitox

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2007
i just got a macbook pro to dj with, i have had it for about a week and all i have is itunes, and itunes has already started freezing, it sounds like when you 'scratch' a record on a turntable slowly, but then it carry's on playing....it's awful!
anyone with a bit of helpfull advice? ...im clueless!
thanks
lee.

Where is your music stored? If it's on an external hard drive your problem might be that its a slow drive or a slow connection. If your music is stored locally, I have no idea what the problem would be.

Make sure it's not the music, though.

keefers

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2008
nyc
thanx for reply.

hey thanx for replying!
funny it has not happened since i posted last, then last night i was being lazy so i just put my itunes libary on while djing and it started pausing again!...i dont know ...i got to get sarato anyway..and yes my music is stored on my harddrive local...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.