My iTunes Library Is All Messed Up

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by thomamon, Jan 22, 2009.

1. thomamon macrumors 65816

thomamon

I've tried to fix my library and everything got screwed up majorly and I'm not sure what to do. Somehow, my library is coming up in iTunes with the right ratings and such, but things have been moved around and I'm not sure what to do.

Basically what it looks like happened is everything was moved from my D:\Music\iTunes\iTunes_Music to the D:\Music\iTunes folder. But now although there are no duplicates showing in my iTunes, it looks as if tho there are duplicates on the hard drive when I look in the folder. And the worst part is, I don't think I can just go in and delete what was in the D:\Music\iTunes\iTunes_Music Folder because when I look in the folder, there are folders I see there that are not in the D:\Music\iTunes folder.

Any suggestions on how I can clean this up and keep the information from the library or am I screwed?

2. HiFiGuy528 macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

3. thomamon thread starter macrumors 65816

thomamon

Thanks! Maybe I should of looked closer, it appears that the folders that were inside the other subdirectory were empty. Maybe it just moved the songs and didn't delete all of the folders?

4. iWoz macrumors 6502a

iWoz

Theres quite a few good pieces of software to sort out your itunes library if you google it. Most of them only offer you a trial version though and then you have to pay :(

5. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Do not move things manually if you don't know what you are doing.