My iTunes library won't continue to backup after the first DVD-R is full.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TeachMusic27, Mar 25, 2008.

1. TeachMusic27 macrumors newbie

Hey All,

I have a problem. I have the latest version of iTunes installed on my iMac. I have about 15GB of music and video loaded onto that application. I have tried multiple times to back up all my music to DVD-R. Every time it finishes burning the first DVD-R and tells me to put in another one iTunes crashes and disappears. All that comes up on the screen is that message that says iTunes has quit unexpectedly.

What is wrong with iTunes?? Is there anything I can do to backup all this music to disc at one time or do I just have to settle and burn one CD at a time??

Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

2. Kan-O-Z macrumors 6502

What backup are you using? Is there a backup in iTunes?

I am running Tiger and I don't know if Leopard has the same Backup program that Tiger does....but that program does a good job with what you are trying to do. You can get this backup program to not only do iTunes but all of iLife and home folders, documents, settings, etc.

By the way I know that Time Machine is a backup program in Leopard but does the regular one from Tiger still exist in Leopard?

Kan-O-Z