Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jfunkmaster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2009
I can't figure this out. I noticed that my hard drive (180GB) is down to 18GB available. When I starting poking around I realized that my music folder is 44.7 gigs. When I launch iTunes it says that it is only 16.9 gigs of music...

Why is it eating so much space? help!! :(

xxBURT0Nxx

macrumors 68020
Jul 9, 2009
what about movies... they would show up in your itunes music folder, but i don't think they show up in your music count...

apple1984

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2006
usa
Your music folder also includes all the TV shows and movies that you have imported/downloaded through iTunes. How many videos do you have in iTunes?

jfunkmaster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2009
Your music folder also includes all the TV shows and movies that you have imported/downloaded through iTunes. How many videos do you have in iTunes?

excellent point both of you.... that makes sense... how can i see how many GBs those are taking up? (without clicking on each individual one)

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
You could also have items in your music folder that are file types that iTunes can't import, such as .wma or .flac files.

jfunkmaster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2009
You could also have items in your music folder that are file types that iTunes can't import, such as .wma or .flac files.

got it guys!! thx... i have over 20GB of tv shows and movies in there... phew... I was about to blow a gasket!

apple1984

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2006
usa
Simply click on the "TV Shows" and "Movies" tabs in the Library list on the left menubar. In each case, the total amount of said type of media will be shown at the bottom.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.