My Itunes SCREEN SAVER!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by akram, Jun 2, 2007.

1. akram macrumors newbie

i've been having the problem for a while, i just gave up on it...
    everytime i click the "itunes artwork" screen saver in the "desktop & screen savers" it just shuts down and says "the application system prefrences quit unexpectedly" what is going on?:confused:

2. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

Did you repair permissions?

Could you post the crash logs so somebody who knows how to read them (not me) can help you easier?

3. akram thread starter macrumors newbie

no idea what repair permissions are?:confused:
    and how do i post a crash log?

4. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Repair permissions is a general fix-all (go to Disk Utility->Click your Hard drive)

For a crash log, open Console, and copy the last bits :)

5. akram thread starter macrumors newbie

ok i tried the repair thing..still nothing

here is what i have from console:
    "Jun 2 22:57:37 my-computer crashdump[626]: System Preferences crashed
    Jun 2 22:57:37 my-computer crashdump[626]: crash report written to: /Users/Karm/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/System Preferences.crash.log"

6. reubs macrumors 68000

There was a thread about this a while ago. It has something to do with the number of rows and columns you have on your screensaver (I think). You have to trash one of the .plist files within iTunes...I think. I'll dig around and see what I can find.

7. akram thread starter macrumors newbie

THAT WOULD BE GREAT :) :) :) :D

8. reubs macrumors 68000

Alright, I give up. I've looked and googled and everything else, but I can't find the thread I'm referring to. Hopefully someone else can help you out with this.

9. kap91 macrumors member

This has happened to me in the past. I believe what you need to do is do a spotlight search for iTunes Screensaver. There should be at least one preference file that shows up. The file(s) will be named something along the lines of com.apple.screensaver.iTunes. In the spotlight search pane on the right side of the screen click the "Show All" Button. From this window drag all the preference files that show up and seem to be related to iTunes Screensaver into the trash. Then Start up System Preferences and see if that solves the problem.

10. akram thread starter macrumors newbie

GENIOUS!!! it worked :D :D :D :D
    thanks!

11. a-Ron macrumors newbie

reduce rows

This has been a reported bug for years. they're all over the apple forums. i've looked and found nothing. removing the preference may fix. The only other work around is to reduce your rows below 5. I had to make mine 4 in order for it to work. Seeing that it's been around for so long, I seriously doubt that Apple is going to work on it. cheers!