Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TeamDNA

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 7, 2009
Yeah i have been having trouble..as soon as i connect my iphone my itunes stops responding..i get the rainbow wheel spinning and cant do anything in itunes..but if i unplug my iphone it starts working again no problem..then if i plug it back in .. it stops working...i read somewhere if you delete podcasts it will work..well mine didnt..i uninstalled itunes and reinstalled the newest itunes and its STILL doing the same exact thing.. i cant sync or do anything with my iphone.. i am on firmware 3.0

EddieA84

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2009
Chino, California
Had the same problem here but it started working again when I deleted my podcasts. Try going to Settings>Reset>Erase All Content and Settings. Restore from back up. Goodluck..

TeamDNA

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 7, 2009
thanks for nothing..now my iphone is stuck on apple logo.... its a 3gs and shouldnt take this long..itunes wont read it eaither

TeamDNA

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 7, 2009
If you did what he said it takes 2 HOURS (yes AT LEAST 120 MINUTES). Be extremely patient.

NO not on 3GS I have done it before and it does NOT take 2 hours ...yes on a 3G when i did it ..it took two hours...it already didnt the progress bar and completed ..then just stayed on apple logo..i tried a hard reset and its still on the apple logo

mackmgg

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
NO not on 3GS I have done it before and it does NOT take 2 hours ...yes on a 3G when i did it ..it took two hours...it already didnt the progress bar and completed ..then just stayed on apple logo..i tried a hard reset and its still on the apple logo

Put it in DFU mode, and restore in iTunes. If DFU restore fails, its a hardware issue (btw, this will upgrade you to 3.1)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.