Resolved My iTunes wish list on Apple TV?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by ardchoille50, Apr 16, 2015.

1. ardchoille50, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2015

ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

I have lots of movies and tv shows saved on my iTunes wish list, these were saved using OS X and iOS. I cannot seem to find a way to view this wish list on my Apple TV. I'm probably overlooking something, though. Can someone teach me how to view my iTunes wish list on my Apple TV?

2. ardchoille50 thread starter macrumors 68020

I'm guessing this isn't possible. I'll send a polite feedback to Apple.

3. silvetti macrumors 6502a

silvetti

I'm pretty sure on each category (Movies, TV Shows, Music) you have a button for Wishlist, let me double check and get back to you.

4. silvetti macrumors 6502a

silvetti

I guess you are right... there is that section but it doesn't sync with iTunes apparently...

Attached Files:

5. ardchoille50, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2015

ardchoille50 thread starter macrumors 68020

Correct, that is your Apple TV wish list, which differs from your iTunes wish list.

I didn't have that particular wish list on that screen on my Apple TV, although my iTunes wish list has many movies in it when I view it on my iPad. I chose a random movie on my Apple TV, added it to my wish list and now my Apple TV is showing that wish list with one movie in it. I returned to that random movie, removed it from my wish list on Apple TV and now I no longer have that wish list anywhere on that screen, as shown in your Apple TV screenshot.

I'm not sure of the reasoning behind it, but the iTunes wish list and the Apple TV wish list are separate. One would think that those two lists would be identical.