Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
Over Achiever said:
Here's mine.

http://umn.edu/~pham0106

Looks very generic, but I tweaked a few things, the photo page uses a blog style, but links to photo galleries. I wish the transparancies loaded better, on some machines I tested the site on, it took 2-3 page refreshes to load properly, while on others it loaded fine.

Very nice and informative.

Pistol Pete said:

Very edgy. Hard to follow in some regards, but does give a sense who you are.

To both of you; I would love input at as to the site I have in my signature....

Arnaud

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2005
The Moon
Addendum: about the size of the sites...

Hello,

I just realized another point regarding the size of the websites: some full-size pictures are available in the blog section. (Maybe some of you already knew it though).

What I mean is: in the "normal" blog mode, you have most often one picture, taken from iPhoto and reduced to fit the page, and your own comments; the picture cannot be downloaded with a different resolution; nevertheless, when you enter the "RSS subscription" mode, you access the same blog entries, but the full-size resolution pictures are available too !

In my case, this means a 2.7Mb file for every picture (8 Mpixels), which is a heavy load for many blogs.

I suppose in the future, I'll duplicate the picture in iPhoto and reduce it to a smaller size, before creating a blog page.

Hope it helps.

Arnaud.

Edit: The number of blogs in the RSS mode can be set via the inspector; iDisk will only keep the full-size image for the RSS blogs, i.e. with 20 blogs in the website (including in the Archive section), but only 5 in the RSS mode, only 5 full-size pictures will be kept.

Over Achiever

macrumors 68000
Arnaud said:
Hello,

I just realized another point regarding the size of the websites: some full-size pictures are available in the blog section. (Maybe some of you already knew it though).

What I mean is: in the "normal" blog mode, you have most often one picture, taken from iPhoto and reduced to fit the page, and your own comments; the picture cannot be downloaded with a different resolution; nevertheless, when you enter the "RSS subscription" mode, you access the same blog entries, but the full-size resolution pictures are available too !
I found the full sized images to be in the Images folder within the Home folder ... I simply neglected to upload the folder along with the rest of the site =)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.