my jailbroken 3gs is stuck in recovery

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dsquared81, Apr 11, 2010.

1. dsquared81 macrumors 6502

Hi everyone, I'm in a pickle.

My phone: 3gs, jailbroken on 3.1.2 with bootrom 5.11.07 using pwnagetool 3.1.4. Itunes is at 9.1

Basically I'm stuck in recovery mode and I can't restore my phone. I get error messages in itunes everytime.

It started when I mistakenly updated itunes to 9.1. My phone wasn't being recognized to sync. So I thought why not erase all content on the phone itself? Stupid me didn't research it and didn't know I wasn't supposed to do that.

After the erase, my phone was in a constant cycle of rebooting (with the pineapple logo) and it wasn't being recognized on itunes. So I put it in recovery mode and tried restoring my custom ipsw and it won't. Tried restoring to factory settings in itunes and it won't.

Is the phone bricked? Is there anything I can do?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've researched for a couple of days and nothing seems to work. This totally sucks...

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

3. dsquared81 thread starter macrumors 6502

i think i got it in DFU mode (should be blank screen right?). now should I option click restore, or just restore?

4. dsquared81 thread starter macrumors 6502

ok so got it in DFU and when i tried to restore it, it went through the process but when it went to the screen with the apple logo, the status bar did not change. it was still blank. eventually it went to the steve jobs screen and i got the error 1611 code in itunes that my phone was unable to restore.

i put it in DFU mode again, but this time tried to option click restore my custom file, i got a quick 1600 code.

what should i do now?

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

Restore as new

Don't use your custom file what version of Itunes are you using recommend 9.0 or lower! 9.1 has known issues

6. dsquared81 thread starter macrumors 6502

itunes 9.1. i havent been able to figure out how to downgrade. im on a mac 10.6

7. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Download iTunes iTunes9.0.3.dmg

Sync your phone with iTunes, copy all your apps, music, movies, ringtones, etc into a folder on desktop.

Drag the old iTunes (9.1) to trash and everything that is part of it (library folders, users folders, iTunes library).

Install iTunes 9.0.3, import all the music, apps, movies ringtones back into iTunes.

ReSync.

8. dsquared81 thread starter macrumors 6502

i can't sync my phone though, my phone is stuck

9. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Well I hope everything you value on your phone was recently synced to iTunes.

10. dsquared81 thread starter macrumors 6502

does this include contacts, calendar, etc.? at this point i'm desperate enough where i don't care if i lose my jailbreak. i just want my phone to work. after i install 9.0.3 do i just do a normal restore after putting my phone into dfu mode, thus putting my phone into 3.1.3?

11. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

This is the question from you I replied to:

Now if you want to restore, you must be currently jailbroken, have the old bootrom (not a tethered jailbreak) and be able to get your phone into recovery mode (Use Pwnage Tool to make a custom restore 3.1.2 IPSW and use iTunes 9.0.3 to install it. Don't select 3.1.3 by mistake.)

or

have 3.1.2 SHSH blobs saved