My Jailbroken Iphone 5.1 cant update any app store apps

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by pastaman2503, Jun 29, 2012.

1. pastaman2503 macrumors newbie

Every time I try to update apps from the app store the app gets about halfway updated, then it stops. After that I get a message that says "app name" could not be downloaded at this time. I tried installing the app from Itunes then syncing it over to my iphone but no success. So my question is why cant I update them? Any help would be appreciated.

2. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Not sure. Do you have the official 5.1 firmware installed via iTunes, or did you download from another source?

In any case, I would update to 5.1.1 and jailbreak again since there is now an untethered JB. No point in staying w/ a tethered or semi-tethered JB when there is something wrong and you need to restore anyway.

3. pastaman2503 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah I updated my iphone to 5.1 then jailbroke. Then I tried to update some apps and that message popped up. I have tried almost everything, Im wondering if its because of a cydia download, or just a glitch with the 5.1 jailbreak firmware.

4. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

So now update to 5.1.1 via iTunes and jailbreak again w/ RedSn0w or Absinthe (make sure you don't need an unlock before updating, though).

5. pastaman2503 thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright I guess restoring and updating is the easiest way to fix this problem then? I was going to anyways I just didnt know if any other solution was available. Thanks for your help, and when I restore everything is erased so would stuff like contacts, calanders, etc would I need to manually transfer over or would Icloud have all that already done for me?

6. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

When you sync w/ iTunes (provided it's the same computer you normally sync to), you should get all of your contacts back, but texts will be gone. Manually add email accounts and app settings.